Here we go.

26 March 2013

uplift

This past weekend was unexpectedly interesting, fun, and uplifting.

For those of you who aren't in the know, the Arkansas legislature, arguably the worst the state has known, has a Republican majority.  They are unstoppable!  At an alarming rate, they are passing nasty bills that are vetoed by our governor and then overridden with ease. These unconstitutional bills (that I've mentioned here) will probably take generations to undo.  It will also be costly.  (So much for less government spending and a less intrusive government, eh?)  These bills are truly fucked up (anti-woman, racist) and they actually affect me, my husband, my gals, their blokes, their children, you, and everyone else we know.

As far as the defunding of Planned Parenthood goes, the ARLEG is overreaching.  They are all up in my personal business as I use PP for my annual exams.  I'm so not down with it.  See, I am fully capable of making medical decisions on my own, with my doctor.  That's it.  The end.  
 
On Saturday, ATM, KMHD, Brittany, and our mum went down to the state capitol to join in on what I call a protest on the Arkansas Legislator's gross assault on Lady Jams.  It definitely lifted my spirits to be amongst like-minded people because things have been dark lately.

We were prepared for lousy weather:
 photo 3A8BC714-CEE2-4B1E-8FB8-A33D5C8FE97F-2775-0000012946381672_zps13111c29.jpg


 photo 22C8B468-9729-45A1-A5DC-B90E476EAD4D-2775-0000012923E568D4_zps2acce7fc.jpg

I love my mum and sister:
 photo 0B9B4F54-940E-45C5-8E53-E7BBFB959BEB-2775-000001291CF90CA5_zps725bfa50.jpg

 photo 83F7EFB6-9443-4646-8508-6ADE2E60586C-2775-00000128DC594EFB_zps5e10d9da.jpg

I am a big sister:
 photo 1A53DA00-01F1-488B-B92C-CE89D47999DC-2775-000001289FB3127C_zps3311d7a0.jpg

My family:

 photo 505B5F8F-B4D6-477A-BBCC-EBED7F3CF331-2775-00000128B7D68ECA_zpsf513fd54.jpg
Photo by Brittany

 photo D4758155-74AC-4593-A1EE-5EB4F58BD65F-2775-0000012895A8DF79_zpse2c62775.jpg
Photo by Brittany

Later that evening, I went to a really boss house show where my pal Bonnie Montgomery (& Nathan) was playing.  Bonnie has got to be my favorite local act at the moment:
 photo B8AD52A2-08D1-41D7-AC62-3ECA84979785-2775-000001287427998A_zpsb79ec52d.jpg


 photo A18C950E-0B35-4D44-914D-0A8376599BF3-2775-0000012877B637DB_zpsa660e512.jpg

Quite pleased with my new camera:
 photo 397C5973-A99E-4C01-91DD-EF482E7D876D-5583-000002FC64ACB0D2_zpscd2a79d8.jpg


s e a c h a n g e ?

No comments:

Blog Archive